River of flowers

mincel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mincel.com
I took this picture last April at Keukenhof (Netherlands) with my old Canon Powershot A75. Comments and critics are welcome.

IMG_0559.JPG

No. This is "Keukenhof" in Holland, the biggest show of tulips and other spring flowers you can think of, and I think that one day I must go there, too, to see it with my own eyes (and camera), only the huge amounts of tourists travelling there in the "tulip season" scare me off a bit. But especially from what I can see in your photo here, mincel, the flowers are definitely worth it!
What a clever idea to have the hyacints snake through the tulips as if they were a river!!!

But all in all this looks very much like "Landscape" to me, so I am going to move it over to there, ok?

Beautiful...I'd crop it down to just above the furthermost yellow flowers at the back. Leave just a bit of green over top of them. To get rid of the washed out sky area.
Nice stuff! :D

Thanks for the comments and the critics friends. ;)

I'd crop it down to just above the furthermost yellow flowers at the back. Leave just a bit of green over top of them. To get rid of the washed out sky area.
Here is the cropped version. I am not sure the frame is good, but...

IMG_0559_1.jpg

GJ, i kind of beleive it is real but it looks so out of place from the surrounding bushes....

You cropped it just right IMO :thumbup: :D
Personaly I'd prefer a thinnish black border or none at all...but of course that's just personal preference.

JonK said:
Beautiful...I'd crop it down to just above the furthermost yellow flowers at the back. Leave just a bit of green over top of them. To get rid of the washed out sky area.
Nice stuff! :D
Agreed. This image is all about intensity of color; the bit of washed out sky along the top pulls the eye away, if that makes sense. Beautiful place! :)

Most reactions

Back