Road and Rail in London

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a trip into London today and after having a coffee at Paddington station, I decided to take a few photos down an empty platform. There were no trains on platforms 1 or 2 and it wasn't too busy. I initially tried without my tripod but shooting speeds were way too low, so I set up my tripod in a discrete spot away from the edge of the platform. After I had taken 3 shots I was approached by a member of Network Rail staff and told quite rudely: "You can't do that here!" I told him that Network Rail's own rules allowed non commercial photographs provided tripods weren't close to the platform edge and provided no flash is used. The guidelines also say that photos should be taken out of peak hours i.e after 1030am. As you will see in the photos, it was approaching midday. I got nowhere with the jobsworth and left the station, but I tweeted, mentioning network rail's twitter address and they apologised and said they would take it up with the station staff. Anyway here are the photos

Pentax 645D FA 33 - 55 @f/16 0.5 secs ISO 100

paddington1 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

converted to black and white in silver efex

Paddington bw by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I then made my way into central London, and found a discrete spot at Oxford Circus where I wanted to capture the sense of movement and busy nature of this area. I jammed myself up against a wall so as to not cause an obstruction.

All about the same settings:

Pentax 645D FA 33 - 55 @33mm f/13 0.5 secs

oxford circus1 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Oxford circus3 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

oxford street2-2 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I feel like you're lacking a main subject. Just something seems missing. I'm not sure what to look at. I like the first one best though, the red really makes things interesting

Most reactions

New Topics

Back