Rob- Natural Light Portrait

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend Rob, photographed in natural light with a white reflector from below for a subtle fill. He happens to be a very gifted photographer himself. The clouds in the background were captured in the same exposure.
Camera: EOS 5D Classic. Lens: Canon EF 85mm f/1.8. 1/640th sec, f/6.3, ISO 400.

_mg_4663_by_danostergren-dax849j.jpg

The King of Natural Light strikes again. :)

Again, this is a good one. IMHO - I would have liked it better if he had his four fingers out...

Nicely done. Aside from the fingers which were already mentioned I would liquify in the bump on his butt (wallet?). Good light though, nice clean portrait.

Nicely done. Aside from the fingers which were already mentioned I would liquify in the bump on his butt (wallet?). Good light though, nice clean portrait.
I think it's a fold in the yukata, but regardless of what it is if it looks like a wallet it might as well be. Thanks for pointing it out.

This is a nice one. The clouds remind me of a dust storm rolling in. :)
Great work!

Personally, I'd think of cropping just above the hand. The strong point is the pose, the shape of the face, the light. There's a certain attitude. The stuff below my suggested crop line doesn't (in my opinion) add much, and actually diminishes the impact.

Personally, I'd think of cropping just above the hand. The strong point is the pose, the shape of the face, the light. There's a certain attitude. The stuff below my suggested crop line doesn't (in my opinion) add much, and actually diminishes the impact.
With that crop, I don't quite like the way the lines are cut off and it doesn't show the entire Yukata from top to bottom. One of the things I really love about this shot is the lines created by both his pose and the way the yukata follows the form of his body.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back