Robber Fly and Mosquito (full)

Travis F

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Again, just sharing some images. These were taken a few years ago but I have always kind of liked them....

1 - Robber fly. Saw this guy sucking on a housefly while at a park/playgound with my daughter. I didn't have a flash with me so hence the shallow depth of field.
IMG_7904.jpg

2 - Mosquito. This little guy had just made a little bump on my poor arm. I decided to get a picture before having my revenge! :grumpy:
IMG_7213.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Travis

Oops, let's try one of the Robber Fly that actually has something in focus....:blushing:

IMG_7901.jpg

Travis

First one is way off (as you seem to have realized) but I like the mosquito picture. Last one is too shallow DOF for my tastes...looks like nothing is too sharp...but understand not having a flash and the problems that can present.

First one is way off (as you seem to have realized) but I like the mosquito picture. Last one is too shallow DOF for my tastes...looks like nothing is too sharp...but understand not having a flash and the problems that can present.

Yep, totally agree! I was going to delete it but then I thought, maybe it has merit for those that have never seen a Robber in action. It was a first for me, so maybe that's why I have held on to it. I never knew bugs sucked the guts out of other bugs!

That darned shallow depth of field with macro and no flash, what'cha gonna do....?

Thanks for commenting and looking,
Travis

Yep, totally agree! I was going to delete it but then I thought, maybe it has merit for those that have never seen a Robber in action. It was a first for me, so maybe that's why I have held on to it. I never knew bugs sucked the guts out of other bugs!

That darned shallow depth of field with macro and no flash, what'cha gonna do....?

Thanks for commenting and looking,
Travis

Yeah, Robbers eat a lot. I've shot them a lot in the past and more often than not they are always eating another bug. Even heard reports of larger robber flies trying to attack and eat hummingbirds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back