Rockland Harbor Picnic (Constructive Critism please)

Farmclicker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The wife went to see family in another state and so she took her two girls with her leaving my daughter and I alone for the weekend. Wanting to spend some time with my daughter (age 6), we went and had a picnic at the Rockland Harbor Lighthouse. It was the 4th Annual Coast Guard Lighthouse Open House Day where they open the lighthouses up from Boston to Lubec to the public. We both have been in this lighthouse before so we did not go up in it today with all the people, but we did have a fantastic picnic 4000 feet out in the harbor.

It was a difficult location to photograph because of the background I wanted (the lighthouse) and the way the breakwater is constructed with its reinforcement rocks on the windward side of the breakwater (to the left) you could not orient your subject to the light, only work with what you have, and as most of you know, I do not have much. (Point and shoot camera)

Still I like this photo. I guess my specific question lies within cropping and the rule of thirds. I toyed with the idea of cropping, but the lighthouse is sort of in the left, upper third area, and my daughter is sort of in the lower third area, and any cropping might eliminate the interesting cloud cover...so I left it. What says the experts regarding this, or any other constructive criticism?

7989991356_0948bba2fc_z.jpg
[/URL] Daughter at a Picnic by Plowpoints[/IMG]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back