Rocks on a plate

CAG76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was not really doing this for photography, but to test the sharpness of the lens, which was not really working on my favor. It is a Canon EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM. Yeah I know it's not nearly one of the best out there, but it's fun to play with for a beginner and for a cheaper lens. I am saving up for some better lenses. I am looking for some great sharpness!!

I've heard a few suggestions but please share any suggestions or comments on good sharp lenses that show good contrast for a Canon EOS Rebel XSi.

Attachments

• $Rocks2.jpg
    $Rocks2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 48
  • $Rocks3.jpg
    $Rocks3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 66
  • $Rocks.jpg
    $Rocks.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 36
  • $Rocks4.jpg
    $Rocks4.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 43
So does that lens have a macro function at its far end? (My Sigma has that, that's why I ask - and because you got up so close to the little pebbles in the first two). What was the light you used? Just a normal lamp?

So when you take photos like these, and you don't take them "for photography", what do you take them for?
If you only test your lens, why do you make test pics public?

I guess I should not have said that. When I was taking these it was not for photography purposes, but I liked them and thought I would show them to see what others thought. I tend to look at things and say, hmmm that would look nice, and just play with it and see what others thinks. I guess I consider it playing around as compared to other things I have taken and want some feed back on it. I was primarily testing my lens for clarity but no one else would know that.

Oh and I took the close up in my bedroom under my lamp. The one showing the plate I took using in my living room again under a lamp.

Here is some of my better work. CAG76 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

-Christopher

Most reactions

New Topics

Back