Rockstar Custom Screen Printing shots

ryan7783

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A good friend of mine started his own screen printing business and asked me if I would take some photos for him to use on his website as photos that he could use on the different pages of the site i.e.: Orders, Home, About Us...etc...

He said he wanted some casual shots with a bit of an edgy feel and said it would be cool if I added some of my own style to the mix so I went to his house after work yesterday and fired off a bunch of shots. I used a shoot through umbrella (white), a 7' stand, and a Vivitar 285HV with a 15' PC cord.

Here's what I got. I did my PP in Light Room and Iphoto. I used a high contrast, high clarity technique to obtain this look

I should mention that most of the time, the emphasis was on the shirt so thats why some of these are cut off at the lip and knees

RCF.jpg

RCE.jpg

RCD.jpg

RCC.jpg

RCB.jpg

RCA.jpg

C&C welcome please

I don't really want to do C&C much anymore (sorry, people being unfriendly is bothering me) but I did want to say something about #2. Look at the arm on the right...the line with the shirt, then crease in the arm and then the power line really makes a weird effect that pulls my eye strongly. Do you see it?

Im not fond of numer 2 or number 6. The expression on his face in both is odd. IMO. But I love numer 1 and especially number 4!! I think number 4 will make a great banner. Great shoot!

I like the post work and tones on most of these, and I know you are trying to bring attention to the shirt, but even so I don't like the crops on many. Cutting his head off directly above the lip so all you can see is a lip and lip ring is just really weird, same with just above the nose.

If you look at most of the better T-Shirt manufacturers out there like American Apparel, you will see that they don't cut off the heads in weird spots of the models with their shirts:
http://store.americanapparel.net/men-short-sleeves---t-shirts.html

Same with Hanes...
http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Categories/Men-Hanes/Men_ShopByCategory-Hanes/Men_Tshirts-Hanes.aspx

I'm a beginner, but if I took these shots, I'd keep the head in. But then again I could be very wrong in saying that. It seems to me that it makes the photo more complete. But that's just my opinion, and considering the quality of the photos, you probably have thought it through and intentionally decided not to include their face.

Good shots, otherwise. I really like the lower saturation, cause IMO it makes the blue pop more. But most of all remember who you are selling the shots to, and do what he wants. They might not be your style, but if they make your client happy, you have created a successful shot.

Have fun, keep shooting, and keep posting more photos!

I know I wouldn't have cropped the head out like I did but Ricky was pretty insistent on what he wanted. "From here to here" is what he said while holding his hands at his bottom lip and right below his crotch area. I was just doing what I was told. I do see the weird line in #2 now

for the American Apparel comment - I agree to a point but if you knew Ricky, you'd know he is not traditional in any way. He does not follow, rather he moves to the sound of his of drum. He doesn't conform.

I have a shoot lined up with a female model for the same purpose on Saturday. In that one, I get free reign over all of my shots so I'll definitely be taking advantage of it. I have some twisted ideas that I think fit Ricky's personality and style to a T so I'll keep you guys updated with those.

Thanks for the comments.

I know I wouldn't have cropped the head out like I did but Ricky was pretty insistent on what he wanted. "From here to here" is what he said while holding his hands at his bottom lip and right below his crotch area. I was just doing what I was told. I do see the weird line in #2 now

for the American Apparel comment - I agree to a point but if you knew Ricky, you'd know he is not traditional in any way. He does not follow, rather he moves to the sound of his of drum. He doesn't conform.

I have a shoot lined up with a female model for the same purpose on Saturday. In that one, I get free reign over all of my shots so I'll definitely be taking advantage of it. I have some twisted ideas that I think fit Ricky's personality and style to a T so I'll keep you guys updated with those.

Thanks for the comments.

Always remember who's paying you, too!!! I'd take some half-head shots of her also if that's what he likes (even if he is giving you full control). And the girl unfortunately has to probably be wearing the shirt to model it, so don't get too, "creative." :)

Make sure and post the results as soon as you can, cause I'm excited to see them!

Well she was supposed to be wearing a Rockstar Custom tank top but apparently the tank tops never came in on time and Ricky is leaving for Wisconsin this evening so I have to make due with no Rockstar Custom apparel. I'm going to use his logo to place somewhere on the picture in PP since that's the best thing I can come up with. Photos should be up Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

Model cancelled on me yesterday so I haven't been able to get any shots of her yet. we scheduled this weeks ago and sprung it on me 2 hours before the shoot that she had to work. sorry guys - just have to wait a little longer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back