rocky beach

chips

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ive only recently become interested in photography and started to think about my shots before I take them. I know this picture isnt anything special but any comments or critisisms would be fantastic!

rockybeach.jpg

The photo was taken on a Welsh beach with a Olmpus C-5060 WZ camera and converted to black and white in photoshop.

I know this may seem silly..... but when you take a picture such as this, try to make the rocks talk and tell a story in the picture. The focus of this shot is the waterline and therefore not really interesting.

I would recommend getting down low to the ground (don't just point the camera down) and placing the water at the top 1/3 of the frame.

I would like to see this scene when you go back and reshoot it from an on-your-stomach position and only include the shore as foreground less than 1/4 of the total view and include just a little horizon.

Great camera.... good detail, good saturation, great camera.

thank you both, ill try out your tips next time. thanks for the positive comments on the saturation an detail canonrebel and yes, it is a good camera :D

I think you can get a great photo from this view. I think this can be done with either a long exposure shot, and/or zoom way in on the water-rocks split.

There are exactly 983,203,204 beach/horizon pictures that have been posted in this forum. Thank you Chips for thinking outside the Horizon box. :)

I dissagree with Bog, I think the contrast between the smooth, moving water and the harsh still rocks is pretty cool.

thanks very much! i do agree that maybe more emphasis should have been placed on the waves crashing on the rocks. It would probably make the picture more exciting.

thanks for your comments

graigdavis said:
There are exactly 983,203,204 beach/horizon pictures that have been posted in this forum. Thank you Chips for thinking outside the Horizon box. :)

Must'a took you about 3 years to count'em, huh? :smileys:

Most reactions

Back