TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pikes Peak in the distance

vacationpictures2006038.jpg

Some road going up a mountain overlooking other mountains
vacationpictures2006039.jpg

Random shot i can't remember where exactly I was.
vacationpictures2006033.jpg

Feedback welcome n appreciated.

Well how do I start...

They are nice snaps... to take it to the next level heres what I would suggest... picture going into a store to buy a picture... what would appeal to you? Take that and move it to your shooting. Dont take what I am saying too critically... but there are minor issues you can take the step to correct next time (see below)...

Image 1:
Not bad... just slightly over exposed for my liking... you can fix that by doing an exposure compensation adjustment when you know the sky and scene are bright and hazy. I would try and go down to -1/3 or -2/3 EC and that will darken your sky and bring up your contrasts.

Image 2:
Your truck... walk further away from it... =) Seriously though if you walked closer to the road and shot the same scene from another angle you would achieve two things... one you would remove the truck from the equation... and two you would rid yourself of the light bursts you have in the image. Other than that your colors are fairly dead on...

Image 3:
See image one details...

The big thing is to "wow" your audience... make them want to go where you were at... hope thats not too critical for you... and if it was then I am sorry...

Let me do some critics. Note, that what I'll say here can be said to most of mine photos. I stil do the same mistakes and stil learning, but giving a critics is always easyer. ;-)

Basicly, I aggree with Orgnoi1 except of the car. Having the car in your photo is basicly not a bad idea, because it gives a bit life and a reference (what I am missing in other photos).

#1: I have generall problem with a composition. The subject is too far. Take a look at this article: http://www.photozone.de/4Technique/compose/layer.htm

A high-voltage lines can be also found, I think they have nothing lost on the photo. The house (in the bottom-middle) is too small (or too big to be not noticable). Colors are too flat, you could have tried to take the same photo short before the sunset (golden hour).

#2: the road has the main attention (what's not really interesting). Was it also your goal? The car has to be bigger or disappear, in my oppinion. Colors are flat again, but have bigger potencial for boosting them (saturation) in post processing.

The problem with the exposure is, that probably there is no way to do it right. The sky is too bright (camera directed almost directly against the sun), the hill on the left is too dark -> it is difficult to put them into one photo.

#3: same problems as #1 + I really don't know what I see here: a small village, a silo, a radio repeater...

Hope this helps for the next time...

Most reactions

Back