Rodin Museum Reflection Pool

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Philadelphia is a city so rich in Art and History. I had such a good time exploring this city's museums and culture. Definitely has my recommendation for those searching for a place to visit for a few days. One unique place is the Rodin Museum. Just seeing its reflection pool, the front doors decorated with hundreds of small figures, and the thinking man sculpture in front was such a wonderful introduction to what was inside. Auguste Rodin had rare talent that deserves such a collection of his work.

Here's my photo of the front reflection pool. Very simple picture to compose with its intention to show case what greets you as you pass through the front gates. On the other hand, it was difficult to get the exposure correct. The darkness of the reflection and the extreme bright stone made it a challenge. Took several shots on a tripod. Some where metered on the reflection pool subtracting a couple stops. Others were metered on the sculpture and adding a few stops. The final shot that I chose was done by taking readings from the water, underneath the sculpture, and back wall then averaging the values and bracketing. I had to crop and rotate a little as I didnt' have my v8 juice that day :).
In the end, I was happy with the results.

110962358.jpg

beautiful reflection and symmetry, good eye. i agree with craw, it's a fun photo to look at and explore the details for a while...

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone....
Speaking of details and symmetry.. My favorite part for some reason is the one bit of grass growing out of the wall on the right.

Most reactions

Back