Rodney Lough Jr.

lillyofthenile1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
by way of an introduction;
My name is Lilly Gilbert Nile, I live in Atlanta, I'm what you might call a serious ameture photographer. i started with 35mm and have graduated to 4x5 a couple years back. i work at a trucking company, with a bunch of redneck (but i love them all), am married and have 2 children.

i tried introducing myself to another forum a couple of days ago and got completely blasted by them. seems no matter what i say they don't believe anything but what they want to. so i've given up on them and am here now.

i am hoping that, here at least, i might get the benefit of the doubt.

so, let's try this one more time.....

several days ago I tried saying hello, here i am, i'm looking for you help and advice, over at the largeformatphotography forums.

below is my simple post here.

all i asked as if anyone had taken a workshop from this guy.....and i ended up getting the 3rd, 4th & 5th degree burns from the ordeal.

i am sincerely only interested in finding out if anyone has done one of these guys workshops.

thanks,
lilly

Post on LFPF:
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, although IĂŤve been reading for some time (a bit sheepish I guess).

I just got my March issue of Pop Photo. ThereÍs an article on Clyde Butcher and Rodney Lough Jr. on the ñViewfinder Withinî. It's awesome! You guys need to read it.

It talks about how they teach photography, I love the way Rodney Lough Jr. does his and the things his past students have to say, well it makes me want to go take one of his workshops.

Has anyone here taken one from him? Would love to hear about it!

Lilly

and for this I've been banned from their forum....wow, i'm hoping that the people here are a little bit more 'real'.

Hi Lilly, we won't blast ya in here... ;)

Welcome aboard. I also use 35mm and LF cameras.

Welcome to TPF!
There's not much flame throwing over here... we are just a really big family!
The reason they might have blasted and banned you is because the way you typed it sounded suspiciously like a spam post, and that was probably the first time you posted on that forum?
We've got good spam control on this site (thank you Corry!) =)
Welcome aboard!

Hello everyone,

thanks for the very warm welcome. i'm home now and it's good to be back.

was in Portland visiting my sister, love her, miss her - but boy it rains there alot!

lilly

Lilly,

I just joined this forum because I saw your question and how you were responded to on the other forum. I haven't seen anyone respond yet who has taken a workshop from Rodney Lough. So, here goes. I know Rodney. I met him because of photography and I have taken a photo workshop from him. I hope to take more. He got me started in 4X5. I now consider him a good friend and our families have since come to know and enjoy each other as well. So, I know him a little bit. You decide if I am too biased, but I'm trying to be an open book here and tell you this up front. I loved my workshop with Rodney (Yellowstone in winter) several years ago. He is patient, knowledgeable and will shoot straight with you. He works with and helps all the participants. He goes to some wonderful places for outdoor photography. Fills the time well, I think. I've also had the good fortune to join him on some of his personal shoots. I always learn something when he's shooting. If the Portland you visited is in Oregon, you could have visited his gallery there and talked face to face if he was in town. But, give him a call. You might get a family member or someone else on the line first, but if he's there he will talk to you. Internet search for his name and the web site will give you a contact number. (I'm trying not to be an advertisement here, so I'll stop short of listing the number. I've never posted to one of these before and I don't know if that's bad manners or not). Bottom line, I have only good things to say about my experiences with Rodney both as a photographer and as a person. The workshop I took I considered to be one of those 'trips of a lifetime' that I won't soon forget. I'll watch this site later if you have any other questions or anyone else, too for that matter.

MattM

Lilly,

It does appear to be a little suspicious, given that you have mentioned Rodney Lough Jr in all the three TPF threads that you have contributed to so far. I look forward to reading your other contributions.

I use 4x5 quite a lot, and I'm always interested to see the work of other LF photographers. Are there any examples of your work online?

Best wishes,
Helen

Helen,

That's because I like his work and everyone seems to be down on the guy.

There are no examples of my work, because I'm not interested in sharing them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back