Role of second shooter?

I saw your shots from the wedding and it might have been a good thing that she had taken over. (Especially for bride and groom)

Learn from your mistakes and learn from the critique given to you in the photo post. Like someone said before, don't take another gig like this before you work on some simple basics of photography . (exposure, composition, etc)

I don't have a probably directing people, because I have been in managment on several jobs which includes catering and wedding coordinator. Directing is part of the job. I am no longer her friend, because I made it clear at the beginning what my plans were. I thought she came along to get a few photos. I didn't feel comfortable taking her a side in a church, because I now how she would react. This was a small wedding. Maybe 20 people were there, and DIY wedding in a tiny, tiny older church. The family had a family friend that was also passing away.

Anyway, you are right I don't want a second shooter anytime soon unless I find someone that I can trust to join me as a team.

I am not mad, just bothered. This was a good learning experience for which I have learned.

Thank you for your opinions.

I was a second shooter long before i started taking second shooters to my shoots. Even event photography. At least you avoided a cat-fight
bigthumb.gif

Simply he need to assist to the First Shooter. He has to work as a part of team of commercial photographers. His role is to take photos at an event that aren't necessarily staged or formalized.

[h=2][/h]

Most reactions

Back