Roll film size for antique F. Deckel WW2 camera

ccaissie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I assume WW2 era or earlier. My Father-in-law was using it in Paris.

Just came across it, and measured the film spool...1.86" so I am assuming it takes 127 roll film.

It's small, so I suspect it takes 1-3/4" square frames. Any info on this camera?
IMG_2423.JPG
Serial # inscribed inside 75820.

Open the back and measure the film frame opening. That will tell you the film format.
Deckel made shutters for a number of camera manufacturers.
I suggest posting some clearer photos if you want more information.

Last edited:
IMG_2424.JPG
I would measure the image size, but this camera opens from the top and I cannot exactly measure the opening. It looks like 1.5-1.6" horizontal x whatever the film size is...

The link by Dany shows nearly exactly the camera...the round flange mounting the lens to the body by 4 screws is a key identifying feature. I found one such camera on Pinterest.

https://jacobsdad.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/manchester-2-of-3.jpg

Looks like the Wirgin Gewirette in black with a Schneider lens.

Since Stuart was a war correspondent, it has a covert black finish. The lens is a Schneider-Kreuznach, Radionar f/2.9 f=5 cm
A serial # 3224948 on the side of the shutter assembly.
"GERMANY" is embossed on the back.

Very cool. So I've id'd the camera and film size. Thanks, All!

I'm now, of course, looking for 127 film which is just about impossible. I'm toying with a roll of expired film, and maybe cutting down a 120 strip, and mounting it to the paper 127 backing. I know they do this with a strip of 35mm on 127...but the holes, etc...

Any sources for 127? I see lots of expired film, which CAN be used. I see there were suppliers, but now discontinued.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back