Rolleicord... How much is it worth?

Shutterbug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to this garage sale a few months back, and I got a great old Rolleicord TLR for free. it was originally Twenty Bucks, but the old lady that was selling it saw my Nikon F (Usually don't go outside with it) and said she'd give it to me to help out a student.

Well, After finding a roll of 120 film, which was a challenge in itself (Had to take a two hour car drive into San Francisco) I shot a roll, and had it processed. Apparently the camera works just fine, aside from some slight timing issues when using really slow shutter speeds (1 second and 1/2 second speeds seem to be a little quick.)

Now, I've used this camera for some of my more artful pieces, but I've been able to do the same things with my Nikon, but without the film hassle. I am looking to buy a DSLR, and I am saving for it, but it takes time, and I think it's time to part with my Rollei.

The casing itself is is fairly good condition (It's got 30 years or more of wear and tear) but most the paint is still good on it, no rust, and all the dials work splendidly. It's even got the little viewfinder magnifier that I'm told is easy to break off, so Some don't have them anymore.

Question is, How much is this camera worth? I mean, I checked on ebay but there are Rollei's going for as little as 16 dollars and as high as 300 dollars. I have no clue how much to sell it for!

Any feedback helps

Track down the serial number (search for "rolleiflex serial numbers"), and try to get a better fix on what model you have. Then look at the completed items on Ebay to determine current used market value. I think that you will find that a clean, working Rolliecord runs in the $150 to $250 range. Rolleicords are sort of a consumer model of the Rolleiflex line.

There are so many different models, though. Make sure you don't have a rare, collectable model that's worth more. And if you are selling "as is", then that probably lowers the selling price some.

With vintage cameras, even ones that seem to be in great shape are often going to need a CLA sooner or later. My Rollei worked great for about 40 rolls of film, then jammed. It's about $150 to $200 to get a Rollei fixed/CLAed.

Rolleicord III - S/N 1337711. 1953 Model.

There are no auctions for them on Ebay at the moment, just an auction for the manual to one.

Looking at completed auctions of Rolleicords (of all types) it look like most are going for $75 to $100, with the occasional mint camera with lots of accessories going for $200 to $225. I'm sure the $75 to $100 price range reflects the purchasers knowledge of the impending $150 CLA.

tr0gd0o0r said:
I think you should pass it on to help out another student. :lol:

I wish I could, but I'm REALLY broke.

And Matt, thanks for the help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back