Roller Derby is Back!

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a skater with a Roller Deby league called the Rocky Mountain RollerGirls (www.rockymountainrollergirls.com) and I'm sort of the league's unofficial photographer. I've been working on a calendar project this year with my fellow skaters and I just did this shoot yesterday for one of our home teams. They are called the Sugar Kill Gang (not my home team...my rivals!) and so we did sort of a street hoodlum type of scene. I'm amazed by how photogenic some of my teammates are!
1.) Sugar Kill Gang
SugarKillGang2softenedPB.jpg

2.) Sugar Kill Gang Again!
SugarKillGang1PB.jpg

3.) Dita Destoyer #666
Dita2.jpg

4.) Ida Hustler #P1MP
Ida1.jpg

5.) Olive Drinkin' #40oz
Olive2.jpg

6.) Polly Wanna Smack Her #19
Polly1.jpg

7.) Rodeo Redd #24/7
Redd1.jpg

8.) Trixxy Trixster #78
Trixy2.jpg

9.) Zoom Zoom Zetta #222
Zetta.jpg

Sweet pics! I love the sassiness you got in some of these! I think the group shots are my faves, with 3 and 4 and 6 a close second!

The best, and I mean THE best, thing about Roller Derby is the handles you all come up with.... :lmao:

These are great! The pictures crack me up, as well as the names.

You haven't told us your handle yet..... ;)

That's a tough sport; hats off to you! :salute:

terri said:
The best, and I mean THE best, thing about Roller Derby is the handles you all come up with.... :lmao:

These are great! The pictures crack me up, as well as the names.

You haven't told us your handle yet..... ;)

That's a tough sport; hats off to you! :salute:

Haha...I go by Winona Fighter #8. I am on the Red Ridin' Hoods (our photoshoot wasn't as good unfortunately as I had to run into my spot everytime and couldn't direct as well using the timer!)

The top skaters in our league also skate as a travel team which we titled the 5280 Fight Club since Denver is the mile high city:)

great shots, these are fun... i like all the attitude that you captured... i like the first group shot, with the seriousness... i definitely wouldn't want to mess with any of them, much less the whole "gang"...

LOVE this series! This is by far my favorite of the ones you have posted of the calendar work!

Thanks Alison! This is probably my favorite of the calendar series too. Actually, probably my favorite of a lot of the work that I've been doing. I just did another group photo shoot last night with our 5280 Fight Club team and I had to be in the photo, so we'll see how they turned out....

Most reactions

Back