Rolling Shot Question

Jstrada

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Guys, Ive been trying to take some pictures of my truck in motion and they come out blurry and horrible. Im a total newb, new to photography but eager to learn.
I just bought a Nikon D5100. Any tips? or setting i have to set on my camera.
i want pictures like the ones below.
any help will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a FILM photo forum.

Shutter priority , 1/500 to 1/1000 of a sec.

But you will get more help in the digital portion of this forum

The ones you are showing, look more like panning, slower shutter speed and moving with the object to blur out the background in a horizontal fashion.

just google panning and you should find lots of tips

If you match the speed in another truck, you can use a tripod in the bed of the truck (someone other than you will be driving). Just focus on the car and use a fast shutter speed and a slightly wider aperture.

If those are not photos you took then don't put others folk's photos up on the forum per the rules for posting pictures.

To get the shots you are looking for look up the term "panning", where you use a slower shutter speed but match your movement with the subject so it stays sharp but the movement blurs the background behind it.

Tony S said:
If those are not photos you took then don't put others folk's photos up on the forum per the rules for posting pictures.

To get the shots you are looking for look up the term "panning", where you use a slower shutter speed but match your movement with the subject so it stays sharp but the movement blurs the background behind it.

I understand, but I used them to help mw explain my question , thanks for all the help

You can post links to photos someone else owns the copyright to, and still accomplish using photos to explain your question.

and know for rolling shots you dont nessicarily have to be going 60mph. most guys that i know who attach the camera to the car, push it, car is maybe going 2-3 mph.

its called panning you might have to get a ND filter to help you slow down the shutter

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using a tripod?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back