Roman Ruins - Jerash/Jordan

Peniole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't been on here for a while, busy last few months with no photography :x so the following pictures are me waaaay out of practice, any and all comments/critique welcome.

Finally got a couple of weeks off and immediately left on a trip, these are from back home. In Jerash are the ruins of a once huge roman city.

The North entance to the city

P2240002copy.jpg

The City Center (oval) panorama

Jerashovalpanorama.jpg

The Racing arena panorama

Jerashracepanorama.jpg

The racing arena

P2240003copy.jpg

An overview of the city

P2240048copy.jpg

Unfortunately the main amphitheater was closed and undergoing some type of restoration, it is still currently in use for a yearly music festival, along with other smaller ones.

Some of the carving detail...

P2240052copy.jpg

P2240059copy.jpg

P2240068copy.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Wow! I especially like the overview of the city, and the shots of the carvings...nicely done.

Yeah, when I saw on the main board that you had posted some pics, I stopped by as it's been a while since I've seen you post! Hope all is well.

Graduated. Now I have to face the real world :) Got a postdoc position doing some more research, same institute I did my grad work in, so not much of a transition. I just hope I get more time (and money) to travel and practice my photography.

Thanks for asking Anty :D

Congrats on the position! Always nice to land something quickly. You've had a good start to your travels with this Jerash trip...hope there's lots more travel in your future.

Thanks Anty :D first time back home in 5 years.

Man, that's a long time to be away!! It must stir up a lot of feelings and memories to return and see all the inevitable changes.

It was a long time to be away, some things have changed and some have thankfully stayed the same. Good food hasn't changed for one ;)

Great Travel shots....I hope to get some good shots when I go on vacation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back