Romania - A Day With A Roma Shepherd

Fate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidhedgesphotography.carbonmade.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all! Have been spending more time in Romania photographing in the same village i did in the winter. The change in climate allowed me to photograph the shepherd I spent time with last time with his animals. Was a very interesting day.

The boy in the photos is 10 years old, and already skilled enough to look after the cows whilst the man is away. I found this really inspiring, SO different to our quite frankly overprotective parenting.

Compression has somewhat taken away from the quality, but ah well, you get the idea!

Anyway, hope you enjoy :)

DH.

1.)
David_Hedges_-0464.jpg

2.)
David_Hedges_-0467.jpg

3.)
David_Hedges_-0474.jpg

4.)
David_Hedges_-0486.jpg

5.)
David_Hedges_-0488.jpg

6.)
David_Hedges_-0511.jpg

7.)
David_Hedges_-0545.jpg

8.)
David_Hedges_-0571.jpg

9.)
David_Hedges_-0590.jpg

10.)
David_Hedges_-0594.jpg

11.)
David_Hedges_-0619.jpg

12.)
David_Hedges_-0627.jpg

Those are some pretty sweet shots, nice work... I particularly like the portraits.

Yes, I like the portraits quite a bit, too, and the first photo with horses (one of them not being overly friendly to the other!), and the one where the shepherd (is a man who minds COWS a shepherd, too??? Aren't the words "shepherd" and "sheep" somehow related :scratch: ???) is washing his face!

(Yes, I know you numbered your photos nicely for us to comment on them but I am too lazy - past midnight - to scroll back up... forgive me).

Last edited:
Cheers guys :) The whole series of photos I did in the winter can be seen on Blurb at:

Romania | Photo book preview

LaFoto - He has sheep as well :D Just happened to be out with the Cows at the time! So I think the term Shepherd is still correct, hopefully!

Good to see you and Arch again - havnt been on TPF for a while!

Most reactions

Back