Rosa cementary, Lithuania.

Artoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The title sais it all ;)

cementary600.jpg

cementary2600.jpg

I'm fascinated with #1. It's just so chaotic, and there is so much to look at, yet it's inviting and not overwhelming. Thanks for sharing.

It's very interesting to see how other countries handle the burial of thier dead. This cem certainly is more 'chaotic' than what we see around here. Thanks for sharing these pics.

Wow great job! Some of the cemetaries around here look like that. Just looks like people are buried on top of eachother.

the first one is really interesting.. and different and confusing.. like it!

i like graveyards anyway ... no i am not being morbid here... just like the mood ;)

Yes, your Photo 1 is the No 1, the winner. It is really interesting to look at. So much to explore with ones eyes.
There's hardly any crosses on our cemeteries at all any more. Just headstones ... but no statues of angels or crosses. You have to specifically go to the old cemeteries to find that. Are the crosses still the thing to put on a grave in Poland? (Or in Lithuania, for that matter?)

welcome to the DS gallery Artoo.... two great images, the first looks like a scene from a Tim Burton movie!..... good stuff, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Archangel said:
the first looks like a scene from a Tim Burton movie!...
yes it does! perfect way to decscribe it Archangel. And yes, IMO it's a great picture.:thumbup::thumbup:

pascal

Thanks all!

Crosses are still 'the thing' here. Poland, being such a religious country, doesn't seem to be likely to go away from that old custom. Still, this particular cementary was like nothing I've ever seen. Every cross different, small, big... some broken. The snow only added to that through the eerie glow that it provided.

When I got there, at first, I didn't think much of the place. However, a change in the light conditions made a dramatic difference.

WOW....how cool is that first photo. Both are really amazing, but the first is right on. Love it.

Most reactions

Back