Rose - Bud - Thorn

HitenNainaney

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone,

We've all done lots of general chat, but here's a little more personal look into each others lives.

When I used to give entrepreneurship seminars here in Dubai, I always used to start with a discussion called " Rose - Bud - Thorn"

This was almost always used as a ice-breaker before team exercises and usually yielded great results in getting everyone comfortable with each other.

However, on here, i'm starting it so that everyone could share their experiences.

Here's how it works:

Rose - State a part of your life which is currently at its best, could be work, family, career, etc. Anything at all infact that you feel is the best thing you ever had :)

Bud - State a part of your life which you think/believe/hope/expect to grow into a much better thing or situation.

Thorn - One part of your life which isn't at its best and an obstacle or a thorn in your butt.

You get the point.

To start this thread off: Here's mine.

Rose - My freelance photography career is taking off really well, and i couldn't be happier (You might know that i'm a financial advisor by day), but things seem to be shaping up really well for photography, shot a few campaigns for big name brands such as HTC, Dove & Audi. so i'm ecstatic about this.

Bud - I'm currently looking to switch cars and have a budget of around $60k and im looking forward to making my decisions soon, cant wait for that!

Thorn - The one thing thats bugging me the most lately is the dilemma of whether or not i should quit my career as a financial advisor, it was never really something i enjoyed doing, but it paid the bills and supported my flamboyant lifestyle. If i leave, i do leave with a good perk & bonus, but i just can't be sure.

Well, now you know me better than you did 4 minutes ago!

Shoot yours below!

Looking forward to knowing everyone better!

Cheers!
Hiten Nainaney

Rose - State a part of your life which is currently at its best, could be work, family, career, etc. Anything at all infact that you feel is the best thing you ever had :)

This one is easy, my photography comes in first, I've looked for this artistic outlet for almost all of my life, it empowers me like nothing ever has, but in general life is pretty darn good all round right now :)

Bud - State a part of your life which you think/believe/hope/expect to grow into a much better thing or situation.

I hope to get my fine art photography business off the ground, sell some of my work and get into some local galleries.

Thorn - One part of your life which isn't at its best and an obstacle or a thorn in your butt.

Overcoming my habitual demons, procrastination, bad time management, lack of focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back