Rose, Take 2...C & C Please!

MGriff240

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I gave the roses another shot today, but realized I couldn't find the flashlight I was using to bounce light. (I know, I know, ghetto style. :lol::lol:) That's why the lighting is crappy/there's some noise because I didnt have my tripod.
C & C please. :thumbup:

4369166042_3754f147bb.jpg

4369165644_5778d71633.jpg

4369163994_8321e3acc1.jpg

4368412919_80c38462ae.jpg

4369162738_c5a2c3e0f7.jpg

Tried a different white-balance to get a different color for the white wall...I think I over-processed it a bit though.

Last edited:
I like 4 the best.
That blue wall is too much. I think it overpowers the rose and really doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the picture. I kinda like #1 too. I don't have any technical advice but figured I would comment.

#1 is definatly the most intriguing to me and my favorite. I really like how the center pedals are floating in blackness, very neat.

i like the composition of #2 also but the other lines in the background are a little distracting to me.

Thanks guys. I was shooting this on my kitchen counter and trying my hardest to get a completely white background, but it was tough. :greenpbl:

They look good. Much better than the rose I shot on my kitchen counter. How did you get the background blue and the black one? I like 4 and 1 the best.

I like #3 the best but the flower in #3 with the backdrop of #2 would be more appealing to me.

They look good. Much better than the rose I shot on my kitchen counter. How did you get the background blue and the black one? I like 4 and 1 the best.

The blue I got by shooting with the "Incandescent" white-balance, and the black is actually a dark blue tablecloth that became dark as I added to the contrast and shadows.

i personally like 1 the best, has nice lighting
for the rest i would work on composition and lighting

Most reactions

Back