Rose.

DeadlySteph

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
First of all; All my picture's are taken with a mobile phone xD. Yes, yes, You may laugh. That is because I don't have the money to buy a decent camera and my dad won't let me use his Nikon camera. So now I use a SonyEricsson k800i with a 3.2 megapixel camera. Not too bad, xD.

So I was wondering, what do you think of this?

7j.jpg

x,
Steph.

Its a very beautiful rose, and a really decent pic of it... I'm surprised you can get such good quality pic off a phone! I do have one small suggestion though, and that would be to crop it around the flower. You should be able to do that with any type of photo editing software (I recommend Google's free Picasa software if you dont want to buy one).

Yeah I'm surprised you got a good shot like this from a camera phone too. I don't think I've ever heard of a cell phone with a 3.2 mp camera on it anyway! My Kodak EasyShare digital camera was barely 3 mp. My camera phone I have now is just over 1 mp hahaha.

Oi, that's a damn sweet phone. Check it out, and here's a review.

- 3.2 Megapixel Cyber-shot camera
- Xenon flash
- Burst mode taking 9 full-resolution pictures in rapid succession
- Photo blogging with Google's Blogger service
- 3G connectivity with video calling
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Bluetooth 2.0 with stereo audio streaming
- USB 2.0
- Memory Stick Micro expansion
- Internal memory capable of storing approximately 100 pictures
- 2-inch high-resolution display

Why did I look all this up? Well, I wanted to see when this phone was announced and released. Because it did look a little bit like the new advertising people are doing these days - good ole social networks hehe.

Thanks.
The phone is pretty new so I guess that's why the camera is that good for a mobile phone xD.
I also had to reduce the size because the picture's from the phone (unedited) do not fit on a normal size screen.

wow! I am amazed! the quality is amazing! And a very nice rose :)

Thank you. It is comparible to a digital camera from a few years back.

well, I have the K750i, which is not as good, but still it has a very good (2MP) camera for a mobile phone.
And I am sometimes amazed by the quality of the images one can get.

Certainly the increase in image quality is NOT proportional to weight and price ;)

Anyway, nice rose. in terms of compositon I would maybe also crop the image, get rid of the blown out sky in the upper right corner.
I would maybe change from portrait to landscape here, so you have only the two main components, rose and that perpendicular metal part.

One thing I like about using basic cameras like these is it gives you an opportunity to concentrate on composition. That's really the most important part of photography (if you ask me, anyway). You get a chance to let the image be king rather than letting it get lost in all the other details and you can develop your eye for what looks good independently of all that other stuff. Definitely keep shooting.

Most reactions

Back