Ross Castle - Ireland C&C

kric2schaam626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When we were in Ireland the first and second week of July. :)

DSC_02491.jpg

Nicely done; with the exception of the blown area to the right, this is a very nice scene. Consider using a CPOL and/or G-ND to help reduce blown highlights of this nature.

Apologies - CPOL= Circular polarizing filter used to reduce reflection and increase contrast. G-ND= Graduated Neutral Density filter, used to allow you overcome overly bright areas in a scene by providing a section of the filter which while transparent, allows you to effectively reduce the dynamic range of a scene.

Apologies - CPOL= Circular polarizing filter used to reduce reflection and increase contrast. G-ND= Graduated Neutral Density filter, used to allow you overcome overly bright areas in a scene by providing a section of the filter which while transparent, allows you to effectively reduce the dynamic range of a scene.

You must use these externally of the camera when shooting? Too bad I'm not still in Ireland . . . but I'll look into those and bring them when we go back :D

They're "add-ons" which attach to your camera's lens via the threads at the front.

Did you capture any other images of the castle?

Not of that particular castle, we were kind of goofing around there.

However, this first shot is one I took of the castle, using DoF to put the old cannon (what you can tell of it) in the background. I know, it's not an astounding shot, I just came across it and put it in B&W.
DSC_02761.jpg

This is another castle we came across that was closed, so I shot a few of the outside. I know the sky is quite overexposed, but thought I'd share for the heck of it.

DSC_07921.jpg

C&C on the second two would be grandly appreciated :)

Last edited:
nice pix but 1st and 3rd could really use some HDR effects on them, too overexposed on the sky

Most reactions

New Topics

Back