Roughly $300

xamblin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a $300 budget for a digital camera. I've been using slr/dslrs for a whille and I recently lost those cameras. I'm looking to be able to control aperture and shutter speed. A wide angle would be nice too.

Anyone know anything that comes to mind?

My local craigslists are giving me nothing in the dslr range for $300.

i think your gunna have to look in the "used" department for that price range for a dslr. id suggest scouring through ebay for an old canon 350d or 10d, or a nikon d40. i dont think youll be able to get a wide angle of any decent quality with that budget though, you could get one of those screw on wide angle converters, but those are a bit poo. best trying to save up a bit longer i think

I've been using slr/dslrs for a whille and I recently lost those cameras.

That sucks... literally lost?

You are pretty much looking at used DSLRs of several years ago with 6 to 8 mpix sensor range. Its not impossible but its going to take some effort. I have a Samsung GX-1L (Pentax clone) purchased used a couple years ago for $200 on ebay which is used with my screwmount/K-mount vintage lens collection.

If limited budget is going to be an on-going thing for your photography, I recommend one of the following:

1) Canon G9 used. I know this is a P&S but it is a very good High end P&S. It has many of the advanced features you will find on a DSLR; Av, Tv, decent focal range, M, optical viewfinder and RAW.

2) Pentax *ist or K100D or K110D. All K-mount lenses are compatible and all M42 are partially opertional (no auto aperture). This makes 50+ years of lenses available to you and since Pentax isn't as popular as Nikon, those 50+ years of lenses are going to be inexpensive. Of course, this means no autofocus. I see body+kit (Autofocus) lenses for those three modules in the sub $300 on keh.com

3) save a little longer.

Buy a used canon g9. :thumbup:
They sell for $300 and lower on ebay. You can control aperture and shutter speed and it has a handy dandy hot shoe for a flash. There is also a dial that can be used for manual focus and the camera takes awesome macro.

I've seen 30D bodies in that price range, but that's without glass.

You got a tough luck right there! I think you at least settle for a D40.:er:

im selling a nikon d40x kit for $350

well, you could get a 20D/350D for around 250 off ebay. and the kit 18-55 (non-is) goes for around 60 bucks there as well, so that's around 210 for the kid.

I have seen working 10D's go on ebay recently for around 185, so with that you could get a kit lens, and maybe a 50mm 1.8 and still be around 300.

Look through Adorama's used department. The last time I checked a few days ago they had an 8 MP Rebel XTI with kit lens used in excellent condition for $299.

Yes, I also think a used camera is the way to go considering your budget. You could pick up a Canon 20D for under $300. Also it might be worth checking out Sigma SLR cameras. They're meant to be pretty good, but as they don't have the name of say Canon or Nikon they can be quite a lot cheaper, esp used.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back