RSPB survey colour

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This weekend there was a national survey for the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds - total maximum number of a species at any one time seen during an hour watching. These were a few that brightened up my hour watching and puffing my pipe!

Woody.jpg

Lesser spotted woodpecker - first time this year on the feeder brightened up a dull morning.
Robin28-1-07.jpg

Followed by a rare appearance above ground level of the Robin
GF27-1-07.jpg

My usual show-off at the sunflower hearts - one of the flock of Goldfinches that have found us.
Dunnock.jpg

And this Dunnock that I nearly had to break my neck out of the window to get. My first real chance so far as is like a little mouse under the bushes.

Very enjoyable series, Fangman!! The first is lovely, with the nice red feathers against the green background. You got great detail on the robin's feathers. The finch and dunnock are sweet too. Nice to get the names, as your birds either have different names, or the same name as what we call them in North America is a very different looking bird over there.

These are so nice! And cannot be compared to my humble attempts to photograph the birds in our garden myself. Uh-oh. Mine are all so bad! And none has any such lovely colour background as the Lesser Spotted Woodpecker in Photo 1 ;).

I wonder if it was a Dunnock (had to look up what the German word for this bird was first, I did not have a clue, but now I do :D) that once flew into our living room and got all upset there, so we had to catch it and put it back outside, not without taking a photo of it, of course (which is bad because I held the bird in one hand and the camera in the other, far away enough from the bird and trying to release with my thumb) ... would this have been a Dunnock?

OK, well, now I searched my DVDs high and low and cannot find the photos I am thinking of ... I'll post my post now and keep searching and might come back to ask you whether that little bird we once caught was a Dunnock?

right thats it, I'm now planning a trip to your garden!
just love the woody shot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back