img6428gi5.jpg

img6707qo7.jpg

img6957od8.jpg

img6733tc4.jpg

img6344tp7.jpg

img6737xp4.jpg

img6686kb1.jpg

img6769qg8.jpg

Wow, those are some awesome shots. I can't even pick a favorite, they are all pretty great. The only downside to a few of them is that the people depicted are smiling. When I think of someone collecting rubbish, I think of someone that is sad and/or angry, not someone smiling. The happiness in some of these shots sort of takes away from the meaning I tried to pull from the shots. Great shots though, seriously, great stuff.

Awesome shots once again. I don't think the smile takes anything away. They don't need to be sad or angry just because they are collecting trash. It's an honest living.

I loved them overall. Great stuff, although I thought the diagonal framing in a couple of them were distracting (4 and 6 primarily. 3 was "iffy"). It looked like you were cropping to the shape of their hats.

I'm surprised that you got to photograph their faces. I remember seeing a presentation by a college professor about Vietnamese trash collectors and none of them would agree to have their faces uncovered because of the shame associated with their lives...

Wow, those are some awesome shots. I can't even pick a favorite, they are all pretty great. The only downside to a few of them is that the people depicted are smiling. When I think of someone collecting rubbish, I think of someone that is sad and/or angry, not someone smiling. The happiness in some of these shots sort of takes away from the meaning I tried to pull from the shots.

the point of photojournalism, as i understand it, is to reveal truth, not to enforce stereotypes. if the people are smiling, then i say take pictures of it. great shots.

I really like the third shot.

the point of photojournalism, as i understand it, is to reveal truth, not to enforce stereotypes. if the people are smiling, then i say take pictures of it. great shots.

I only wish more PJ's works with that understanding and not to enforce their agendas.

Nice work, I like them all, but the diagonals are a slight distraction. OK for artsy type shots, but look a little out of place here as this looks like a straight PJ photo set. Overall, good work. Please post more.

thx a lot for ur comments guys...

U know, i did not just go there for a few hours. I spent a lot of time with this 2 women - until they trusted me and opend their life for me as an outstanding man.
the 4th picture in b/w where she's smiling is taken during she watched the photos which I took from her.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back