Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ruggles%20Mine%20-%20005.jpg

c/c welcome if desired.

I just saw this now and that's what I said. I like the idea but somehow it just doesn't work for me. I think there's too much detail outside that white area and it's difficult to settle on a few elements in the frame and understand their relationship to each other, if that makes any sense.

Thanks, Ken. Yeah, I feel like it's laid out ok but didn't come out as interesting as I'd like.

The photo seems to lack "dimensionality"...it's just difficult to get an idea of the depth and width of the scene. It looks like a VERY challenging place to make photos! Now....if only you had one of Trev1's hot models in there, teetering on some high-platform, cork wedge shoes...lol...

:lol:

Yeah, I agree. All of these shots sort of lack the sense of dimension... and I'm telling you these places are MASSIVE. Like the other one that people keep saying looks like a uvula or whatever? Those arches are literally about 100' high.

Ohhhh...the immense size of these "Ruggles" series shots is not coming through. I've been in mostly small to smallish caves, with one exception, so, well, I dunno... It is often handy to have a human figure in a photo, for a sense of scale. I had no idea these were so doggone large!

Ohhhh...the immense size of these "Ruggles" series shots is not coming through. I've been in mostly small to smallish caves, with one exception, so, well, I dunno... It is often handy to have a human figure in a photo, for a sense of scale. I had no idea these were so doggone large!

I considered having my daughter in the shot because it would give the sense of scale... but then I would lose something I think.

I dunno. It's like a 2 hour drive to this damned place. I'm tempted to go back. Maybe I'll take my other daughter. She's more patient with my camera anyway. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back