Rules of Photography...

Some good tips. But also some sketchy stuff mixed in. For instance:

"13. SHUTTER SPEED WITH FLASH- Always use 1/60 second"

Why? It would suck if your flash sync speed is 1/30th second. And I love my shutter drag.

Not that i should be undermining one of my own posts, but this one made me wonder...

11. CLEANING FILTERS AND LENSES- A well washed 100% cotton T-shirt is softer and more scratch resistant than photographic lens tissue. To clean filters and lenses simply "HUFF" (breathe on the lens until it fogs) and wipe clean.

As a person who wears cotton t shirts almost everyday, this is fantastic news, although its certainly a bit dubious!

I'll back the 100% cotton T-shirt tip. Most lens manufacturers reccomend 100% cotton cloth to clean lenses. But here's the catch: are you sure that your T-shirt is clean? Grease and oils from food and body quickly accumulate on the parts of your T-shirt that are convenient for lens cleaning. Once you get your lens all greasy, you'll have to do more than "huff". And if you have any fine grit lodged in the weave, boy, you'll be crying....

As an avid t-shirt use, i can attest to the fact that it does not get your stuff clean like you'd expect

I spent 8 bucks on a lens pen. I can get 1000's of uses out of it and it fits in my pocket. I think that's easier than a cotton t-shirt. Certainly less risky.

Most reactions

Back