Rumor: Another full frame Nikon DSLR camera coming for Phiotokina (08/08/2014)

ruifo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nikon Rumors says:
Another full frame Nikon DSLR camera coming for Phiotokina | Nikon Rumors

The latest rumors I am receiving point to another full frame camera announcement for Photokina. We are talking about a new DSLR positioned somewhere between the D610 and the D810 models. Here are the expected specifications:

• 24MP full frame sensor
  • Tilting LCD screen
  • Wi-Fi support
  • Expeed 4 imaging processor
  • Very light body (probably similar to the D610 and Df, maybe even lighter)
  • Priced around $2,500
  • Potential announcement at the end of August or early September
  • No idea on the model name - it could be D620, D750 or something completely different
  • The probability rating on this rumor is currently at 70% - I am pretty confident that this camera is coming, I am just not sure about the detailed specifications (if you have any more details, you can contact me anonymously here)
I have hard time understanding what Nikon is trying to achieve with this model - the Nikon Df is already positioned between the D610 and D810. My only explanation is the D3300/D5300 configuration, but with a full frame sensor: D610 with a fixed LCD screen and the new camera with few more features and a tilting LCD screen.
Many Nikon fans have been waiting for a "real" D700 replacement since 2008. Even after the D800, D810, D600, D610 and Df cameras were announced, they were not considered by many as a true D700 replacement (I personally think that Nikon has provided enough upgrade options for D700 owners). Maybe this new Nikon DSLR will finally be the "real" D700 replacement?
How about a new Nikon DX DSLR camera? So far it doesn't look like we will be getting one soon, but there is still hope:
Nikon D9300
Since the last (and only) D9300 rumor I received back in April, I have not heard anything else on this model (the information I received was from a very good source). It could be that the D9300 was code/internal name for the already announced D810. I really do not know what is going on with the D9300.
Nikon D7200
Just to make it clear: I have never received any reliable information regarding a new D7200 camera - the D7200 rumor was started back in January by the Japanese magazine Impress and it was just the next logical step for the Nikon DX line, nothing more.
The lack of DX DSLR leaks/rumors so far makes me think that a new APS-C based DSLR may not be on the horizon, at least not for Photokina. The show starts on September 16th, so we still some have time (and hope).

Read more on NikonRumors.com: Another full frame Nikon DSLR camera coming for Phiotokina | Nikon Rumors

There is my upgrade! :lmao: (maybe :wink:)

That'd be cool.

There goes DX... time to dump those lenses :)

The D610 was released as a 'FIX' for the D600 and not an update. My guess is that this new camera was meant to be the D600's successor.. however they are now stuck with a D610 that wasn't planned for the lineup.

Since Nikon Rumors says that Nikon still plans to sell the D610 (probably due to large inventory supply) we will soon have an FX lineup that semi-mirrors the DX lineup.

D610 = D3300 (Lower end Auto Focus systems)
D710 = D5300 (Twisty/tilty screens.. Better AF systems)
D810 = D7x00 (Better build quality.. Even better AF systems)

We'll probably see the D610 drop in price to the ~$1700 range.

I think we'll also see Nikon trying to push the D3x00 and D5x00 users over to the Mirrorless 1 Systems. Nikon has too many DSLR bodies in its lineup and needs to cut-the-chaff-from-the-wheat.

This could actually make it interesting for me. Hypothetically, D610 IQ plus improvements in ISO, throw in the D4S AF system and 8-10 FPS with a good buffer and I would be all over it... If it's just a D610 with a flippy screen and video improvements..... no thanks

I hope it has nice fps ... something in the range of 7-50 would be nice .. okay .. 7-11fps

I've been wanting the 24mp sensor in a better body (better AF, expeed 4, etc) for some time. I would upgrade my D700 to that in a heartbeat.

This could be the body that makes me pull the FX trigger.

More alternate reality from Nikon Rumors. Shouldn't your title line end with a question mark? Like current FX cameras are flying off the shelves?

I guess I'd be curious to see them release another full frame camera so soon after the D810. I guess it's not completely out of the realm of possibility but I would think that something else in the full frame category would most likely cut into D810 sales, which would strike me as being a little odd.

I've been wanting the 24mp sensor in a better body (better AF, expeed 4, etc) for some time. I would upgrade my D700 to that in a heartbeat.
That is what this body sounds like, a truly upgraded D700 and what many shooters are really wanting in an FX body.

That is what this body sounds like, a truly upgraded D700 and what many shooters are really wanting in an FX body.

Not denying that.. but I guess just looking at it from a marketing standpoint if I just released a brand new full frame camera not long ago, why would I release another so soon afterwards that will compete for sales with the one I just released?

I think it would make a lot more sense for them to release either a D7100 or even a D300 crop sensor replacement, as opposed to another full frame camera that will be competing directly in much the same market space. Like I said, could be wrong, but it really doesn't seem to make sense to me that they would do that.

Most reactions

Back