Runaway Eraser

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
RunawayEraserBord3.jpg

I'm not really sure about this shot. Something here just doesn't feel right, and usually I love your shots. So I guess I'll just list what I notice and then maybe someone could help elaborate more :)

-What does the woman do for the photo?
-Don't understand the title
-Could use more contrast to help the greyness
-Shoot at other angles?
-It seems like maybe there is something here photo worthy, but to me this just doens't seem to be it
-On behalf of Hertz I would like to ask what was the reason for taking the shot? What did you want to achieve by taking it? And so on...

It a giant eraser, I agree about the women crop or clone here off. I’m Ok angle and contrast, the shoot by it self does little for me, but maybe as parts of a photo essay on public art it would be a good one

i assume you included the woman to compare size and your title is fitting since the eraser looks like it's on the move. i like the b&w but not the noise. the time of day was perfect for the shadow.

so, you've been hanging out on constitution avenue i see ;). lots of interesting exhibits there wouldn't you say?

The erasers in MO must be must different than the ones you all see :lol: I have never in my life seen or used an eraser such as this :lol:

I like it, and I guess the woman is there to convey the impression the eraser, (I've never seen one quitelike that either) is chasing her. The only problem is, she looks a little too sedate for that to quite come off. Now if you re-shot with a model running and looking back over their shoulder in panic..... :D

I don't see this as being one of your better pictures, a nice show and tell picture but not quite up to your usual great shots. The eraser blends into the background to much but the shadow is a nice feature. Maybe if the woman was in the path of the erasure walking away from it that may add a little drama.

I think the woman in the picture works really well! The picture is of a situtation with all the ingredients for a catastrophe:

The woman minding her own business, walking AND reading while walking in the park, totally unaware that a giant eraser moving fast but quietly (cos it's rubber!) is just five feet from her.
She's lucky: the giant eraser will pass her from behind, but what will happen, when the giant rubber exits the park and heads down the city's main street just behind the trees? ;)

I think with more contrast this picture wouldn't have looked so 'accidental', now it has the feeling of a newspaper shot, which I like.

Most reactions

Back