Running Deer...

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was a split second shot... didn't have any time to set up my camera...
I think it came out pretty cool.... do you think it's useable?

deer2.jpg

elsaspet said:
Even though I knew what I was looking for, it's kinda hard to make out.

I agree.
I think this photo is a cool concept, but very busy.
If you do decide to use it I would take out most of the empty space on the right of the photo.

mcbphoto said:
elsaspet said:

I agree.
I think this photo is a cool concept, but very busy.
If you do decide to use it I would take out most of the empty space on the right of the photo.
I tried that.... but then it doesn't give the deer anywhere to "run" If you know what I mean

Wow! I think it's stunning, visually. And I believe you are correct in leaving the right side open, the deer is running full hilt into it. I think it lose a lot of its punch if the space was eliminated.

For something that happened in a flash, you captured the moment extremely well. I'd like to see a little more contrast, though - it's a tad flat. But that's my only nitpick. Could be my crappy work monitor, too.

Love it! Great job. :D

Yep. Better - brings out the detail of the animal more clearly.

What a shot! :D

LittleMan said:
elsaspet said:
Hi Chris,
hard to make out???
it's the only thing in the picture :p
Hehe. You know what I mean, It just kinda blended in. I guess I mean more what Terri said. I saw your contrasted picture and I agree that that's exactly what it needed.
Someday I'll pick up the lingo. Until then you will just be forced to try to interperate what I really mean. LOL :pirate:

Chris, this is a fantastic capture and you have presented it beautifully - it definitely needs the right hand side to enhance the speed and abstract feel of the image.

However, unless you are going for a monotone approach, adding contrast often requires a rich black and a pure white (not overblown) somewhere in the picture. I hope you don't mind my re-posting your image to show what I mean. You may or may not like it this way...

Again, if you would like me to remove your image from my post, please let me know and I will immediately remove it.

Well done!!

Tuna

deer222.jpg

Excellent capture Little man!

Tuna said:
Chris, this is a fantastic capture and you have presented it beautifully - it definitely needs the right hand side to enhance the speed and abstract feel of the image.

However, unless you are going for a monotone approach, adding contrast often requires a rich black and a pure white (not overblown) somewhere in the picture. I hope you don't mind my re-posting your image to show what I mean. You may or may not like it this way...

Again, if you would like me to remove your image from my post, please let me know and I will immediately remove it.

Well done!!

Tuna

deer222.jpg

No problem Tuna, thanks for posting.
At first I was going for the more monotone feel... but I think I like it with more contrast... Both ways seem to fit this picture well.

Thank you all for your kind comments! I'm not sure what I will do with this image.... any ideas?

Thanks!

This is the final image.... Thanks to everyone I think we have a winner!

deerrun.jpg

Now to figure out what to do with it! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back