Rural Houses - any comments please

good job, my favourite is the first although i feel it is a little desaturated and flat, good composition :thumbup:

can i post an edit?

duncanp said:
good job, my favourite is the first although i feel it is a little desaturated and flat, good composition :thumbup:

can i post an edit?

Please edit and repost.

Could you please explain what you mean by the above statement, "desaturated" "good composition"

How much of photography is technical and how much is choosing the correct subject? 50/50?

Thanks

Jay

here you are:
Untitled-1for-rural.jpg

by good composition i mean it follows the rule of thirds well....

duncanp said:
here you are:
Untitled-1for-rural.jpg

by good composition i mean it follows the rule of thirds well....

WOW !

HOW DID YOU ENHANCE THE COLOUR???

I USE PHOTOSHOP.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. MY ORIGINAL LOOKS WASHED OUT COMPARED TO YOURS.

THANS

JAY

i hope you don't mind me editing: but i think if it needs anything at all, i'd say a very slight contrast increase?:

picture1.jpg

or maybe B&W?

picture2.jpg

But to be honest i like it just the way it is, i'm just playing cos i'm bored!
Great work!!

I also prefer the first one... The sky in the edit is to BLUE... It changes the mood on the whole image with the bright blue sky and the run down house...

O only sharpened it... AND the colors on the house just popped out to put it *first* I Guess you can say..

house.jpg

oo I like the B&W too!

Oh it is a great shot and everybody wants a piece of it. I personally think the shot is in the subject. If you get the right subject and bring the skills of a craftsman to it, you should be able to get a very nice photograph from it. One without the other is not going to do much.

Every craftsman has his own tool box. My dad used to have a dozen hammers and would pick a different one for each job he did. He told me half the job was having the right tool. We can all learn to use the tools that are out there and bring a little more to the table. However, you still have to start with THE vision. (ah I love the smell of pomposity in the morning)

mysteryscribe said:
Oh it is a great shot and everybody wants a piece of it. I personally think the shot is in the subject. If you get the right subject and bring the skills of a craftsman to it, you should be able to get a very nice photograph from it. One without the other is not going to do much.

Every craftsman has his own tool box. My dad used to have a dozen hammers and would pick a different one for each job he did. He told me half the job was having the right tool. We can all learn to use the tools that are out there and bring a little more to the table. However, you still have to start with THE vision. (ah I love the smell of pomposity in the morning)

This is true - everyone can see the shot in their own way which means you got it right. Processing and manip are only done to taste. The only shots worth editing are the ones which are sooooo nearly completely right already.

Rob

And the person who really wants to learn and not rack up "atta boys" wants to see all the possiblities they didn't see themselves. I for one welcome any editing on anything i do. Nobody much does because I'm so damn perfect.

I invite you one and all to come to the alternate techie thread look for retro camera images they are mine just edit your little hearts out. I'll be thrilled to see someone elses vision for a change

Most reactions

Back