Rushed forced weddings.

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I photographed a wedding today. Greek orthodox. The entire thing was short noticed and rushed. The bride and groom both looked 18ish, in fact the religious man (what are they called in the greek orthodox church? still priests?) mistook the much older best man as the groom. The groom's mates didn't even have a bucks night because most of them weren't old enough to drink yet. There were about 30 people there in total, and I don't think a single person smiled the entire ceremony. Definitely not the fathers of the couple that's for sure, and one of the mothers refused to even go to the ceremony.

All because someone didn't use protection. It was so depressing.

You are right. I had a wedding of the kind myself early in my life (for the self-same reason :oops: ) and my entire family (!) boycotted the wedding, so it was only my then-in-laws and me, my friend and a couple of my then-new-to-be-husband's friends. No more. It is sad.

Mostly so because such weddings don't really have a future... in many cases. Mine didn't.

And I look sad in my wedding pic (amateur snapshots only), says my mother. I did not feel it at the time, but somehow things must have been wrong from the start.

Yes. Depressing.
Thankfully for me all this was 25 years ago (when "your" wedding-kids weren't even being thought of, supposedly).

That is depressing!

Usually the Orthodox weddings take a long time, under 'normal' circumstances. And yes, the Greek Orthodox religion does call the officiating person a priest.

At least they got married. At least the new husband didn't just skip town.

It might've been a depressing situation/wedding, but it could've been a worse situation in general.

At least they got married. At least the new husband didn't just skip town.

It might've been a depressing situation/wedding, but it could've been a worse situation in general.

If they want to be together great but if not they may just be making a bad situation worse by getting married! Hope they work out......

Yeah I guess time will tell. It could have been worse. It almost was. I'm sketchy on the details but I believe the bride was not too keen on the idea while getting prepared and one of the parents were having a private conversation with her and asked everyone else to leave the room.

On a lighter note a friend got engaged the other day to his long time girlfriend and they couldn't be happier :)

Yeah I guess time will tell. It could have been worse. It almost was. I'm sketchy on the details but I believe the bride was not too keen on the idea while getting prepared and one of the parents were having a private conversation with her and asked everyone else to leave the room.

On a lighter note a friend got engaged the other day to his long time girlfriend and they couldn't be happier :)

And guess who is shooting the wedding :D

Peace to the gods man. It is harder to get a drivers license or even a hunting license. What does that say about marriage? The cards are stacked against them, but with love they will persevere...

Love & Bass

We didn't have to get married, but we did 3 weeks after my 18th birthday. We are an exception to the rule. Three grown kids, 6 grandkids, still married and happy as we have ever been. It can work, you both just need to want it to. I'm very lucky to have a great lady that stood by me in sickness and health.

Most reactions

Back