Russia In Color - 100 Years Ago!

See color 100 years ago is very weird >.<

Forgot I posted this! I'm interested in trying out the technique, just for kicks.

Ive seen a few of his images before, but that is a really great collection. The photographs are of such high quality, it's hard to believe they were taken over 100 years ago.

The photographs really show Russia at its pinnacle of power and innovation. It's interesting to see these places now because you can see how much the country has fallen apart.

wow, beautiful! This might have actually changed my view of Russia a little. So far I used to associate the country with the color gray :lol:

Cool photos, interesting you can see the red/green/blue exposure fringing in the moving objects like water. Artifacts of how the photo was made.

Composition has developed by trial and error over the 30 thousand years or so visual art has been done.
The first imaging technology appeared about 2500 year ago when scholars first described the camera obscura/pinhole camera.
Today, we have visual image composition guidelines that elucidate what usually works, and what usually doesn't, based on all that trial and error.

In other words, as far as photography is concerned, what technological advances have occurred in 2500 years have really had little effect on composition.

I was more interested in the composition of photos and what the differences are then and now. Apparently, composition is the one thing that doesn&#8217;t really change despite new technologies in photography. :)

Composition has actually changed quite a bit in painting, which is what everyone did before photography came along.

Composition has actually changed quite a bit in painting, which is what everyone did before photography came along.

People think that Instagram is annoying now, imagine what it would have been like back then with just paintings! :lol:

Most reactions

Back