Russia last year

hovis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks - don't ask me why I've not been on here for a while, 'cos I really don't know the answer. Anyway, I thought I'd share a few general shots of my trip to Russia last december. Hope you like

1. Padlocked bridge in Ekaterinburg. Apparently lovers fasten a padlock to the bridge just before their wedding, then throw the key away as a good luck charm to the marriage.
morepadlocks.jpg

2. Khabarovsk church steeple
_DSC0023.jpg

3. Khabarovsk river front. It's -26 and this guy is out for a jog!
Kab2291109710.jpg

4. Omsk. The hotel
_DSC0173.jpg

(the hotel thing may be a lie!)

5. More Omsk
_DSC0099.jpg

6. Omsk. It's those padlocks again!
_DSC0085.jpg

7. Samara - first time I'd seen graffiti!
_DSC0014.jpg

8. Samara - these guys are selling beer on the street corner
_DSC0015.jpg

I like 1,3, and 6 the best. the others just seem like regular photos to me

What brought you to Russia in WINTER?

Anyhow, thanks for sharing some of your photos. And I won't ask you where you have been (now that we know you were in Russia ;) ) --- I'd taken a kind of hiatus from TPF myself, too, before I returned "full force".

I quite like the golden "onions" of the church steeple against the blue sky in 2! A pity the top one got cut off.

The photo of "the hotel" seems to be the best. Wonderful tones, good conversion! Those wooden houses are quite a sight!

I heard about that bridge and the padlocks in a TV docu on Russia once. Very interesting! And it doesn't seem to be restricted to that bridge in Ekatarinenburg, but seems to be done all over Russia.

Those photos certainly and strongly suggest "cold" to me!

What brought you to Russia in WINTER?
In a word - work. Was doing a training tour for MTS - Russian mobile operator. I know what you mean about the church top - it's all there in the earlier shots in the series, then I started making sure I got the plane in the right place and... hey ho!

And yes - it was cold - Siberian winters and all that. Wouldn't have missed it though.

Cheers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back