Russian Model Maria

Crazymainer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is one of the latest girls that I did some glam and B&W Nudes with.

KN002019.jpg

Hope you enjoy and i look forward to all your comments

Cheers crazymainer

i like her expression, but i'd like to take her out of the centre of the frame and maybe more off to the side.

The other thing that irks me is the way you cropped it... you cut off the top of her head, but didn't bring in her shoulders or any of her body to compensate, giving me the impression that its a floating head. theres also no context of how she's sitting... the dark area at the bottom right makes me think she's lying on her stomach... but i don't really know.

I'm not really digging the shiny skin on this one. How were you lighting this? The crop doesn't drive me crazy either.

There's no "pop" to this.. too flat imho....

Hi Guys,

First for the crop it was the only way I could LEGALLY post the shot, since the only thing she had on was the Hat and a Gun Hoster and CowBoy Boots.

As for lighting I was using two Direct Hot Bars bounced at a 25% angle off four Light Shades.

Cheers Crazymainer

I think you're on the right track, but compositionally there are still several things that could be worked on here.

o I don't like how the model is centered dead-squre in the frame...it provides no context for the shot

o One eye looks half-closed, one half open, if that makes sense.

o Her face is looking square into the camera. For this tight of crop to work, I think the face needs to be angled.

o As others have mentioned, the sharpness is not quite there and the color range is very muted--it could definitely use a brightness and contrast boost as well as some levels adjustment.

o The shininess of the face, as well as a couple facial blemishes, could be handled better with a softening technique either through a soft-filter or some post process softening.

Thanks Guys,

I've been haven some issues with my lights and I've just invested in some new Soft-Filters.

As for posting Nuhdes, it was my understanding that since this was a PG type forum that Full Frontal Nudes were a No No.

Could one of are nice moderators please tell me if this is correct.

Once again thanks for all of the comments. I have a shot with the same model tonight in the studio and I'll incorprate all of your thoughts.

Cheers Crazyaminer

Crazymainer said:
Thanks Guys,

I've been haven some issues with my lights and I've just invested in some new Soft-Filters.

As for posting Nuhdes, it was my understanding that since this was a PG type forum that Full Frontal Nudes were a No No.

Could one of are nice moderators please tell me if this is correct.

Once again thanks for all of the comments. I have a shot with the same model tonight in the studio and I'll incorprate all of your thoughts.

Cheers Crazyaminer
I appreciate your concern regarding the content of postings. We do, however, accept nudes as long as they are tasteful. There have been a few posted to this site in the past. If you do, please indicate in the subject line that it may not be work safe so folks don't get in trouble for viewing nudity. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back