Rust metal - 2 pictures C&C

ThomasB1993

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey
I'm new to photography (and this forum) and wanted to share with you one of my first pictures. They aren't that good, I know that, but I'm new and reading through some books at this moment so I hope my 'skills' improve by practise. The reason for these pictures is the fact that I like things such as old rust metal, old abandoned builings (of which I haven't had a chance to take pictures lol), ... In the future I hope to go do some Urbex and such. These two pictures were just for testing, I took them in the shed in the back of my guarden :p Cnc is welcome.
IMG_29722.jpg

IMG_29622.jpg

Hi, and welcome!

Three thoughts come to mind for both of these; 1) Get in closer... larger than life is often more interesting. 2) Smaller aperture... more of the subject in focus. 3) Most important, different angle of light source... providing more shape and texture.

I hope this helps.

-Pete

I like this sort of thing too. I second everything said above, and it also seems to me they look a little flat/undersaturated - try darkening the mid-tones.

Thanks for the tips. Might be usefull to tell you that I use a standard digital Canon S5 so the possibilities are a bit limited. Saving up for a 'decent' camera with a decent lens and such.

Most reactions

Back