Rusted

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
I can't decide which version of this picture I like better... Color or Black and White?

Any other critiques welcome. :)

nc16.jpg

nc16bw.jpg

Color! The BW is flat. There are ways around that. The rust color pops from the rest of the frame. I do not think BW could capture that effectively. Seems like it was shot midday. Maybe try some when the light is softer and more directional.

Originally I took the picture becuase I liked the color so much, but then I couldn't decide if I wanted the focus on the color or the eroding paint.

You're right about shooting time.. It was HARSH light.. Unfortunatly, this was taken on our trip to North Carolina, so I can't retake.

That's all right. You can remember this shot next time you roll up to a rust spot. Personally I am fascinated by rust and shoot it a lot. I think it is the whole; weather and the natural order of things will eventually transform and or destroy anything.

The colour version for the
www_smiliemania_de_1327287-0.png
, please! ~~~>"Rust". This photo will feet "at home" there.

Deffinatly the color version. The B&W, is flat, and while the cracking paint is more pronounced in the B&W I feel that that rust makes a better subject.

Most reactions

Back