Rusting Relics

P Bailey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These were shot this morning in rather low light due to some heavy fog. What are your thoughts ?

img001copy.jpg

img009copy.jpg

img016copy.jpg

img028copy.jpg

img033copy.jpg

img036copy.jpg

img039copy.jpg

img041copy.jpg

img044copy.jpg

img052copy.jpg

Nikon D70, Manual Mode, ISO 200

What a treasure to photograph! You did an excellent job with them all, but 3,4 and 9 would have to be my favourites. They all have a story with them that I wish I knew, such as who they belonged to, why did they get 'forgotten'. :D

nice series. there is something about rusty items that I find very appealing or mysterious i guess would be more accurate. 9 & 10 are my faves

Wow.. I love these shots. There is something about old things, that I love. It seems to be telling a story of some sort. This is a great series, and my faves are 3 , 9 , and 10

I like all of them... but they're missing something... and I think it's the quality of something you can capture with film that makes an image seem "pure" in a sense... I'd reshoot with film...

i really like the whole car shots, those are cool, though i feel like the focus is a little soft in some of the pictures.

what an intersting thing to shoot

These are all wonderful shots! I like them very much. Great work!

Thanks for putting up the entire series here, Peter. Now I understand that "Texture" photo much better that you took of that old car hood. Here I can see it well! Goodie! :)

I really like all of these shots...I really don't want to get down, but I figured I'd just point out something I noticed. Because I am in the market for a DSLR, I usually will check out what everyone is shooting with and the D70 is literally at the top of my list...I'm wondering if I am the only one that thinks these aren't on par with D70 clarity. The pictures are great...it just looks like the camera wasn't living up to it's potential.

Anyway, great pictures...my favorite is the 2nd to last. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back