Rusty Metal

omega1234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I got outside to shoot again today and was pretty happy with some of the results. It was awesome just to be outside taking pictures again after a short hiatus. Please, please, give me any feedback you have, as a beginner, my number one goal is to learn. Thank you in advance!

$IMG_0392.jpg$IMG_0394.jpg$IMG_0395.jpg$IMG_0397.jpg$IMG_0402.jpg

Most of these are not really interesting in terms of composition. You have to find an arrangement of objects that draws someone in and makes them look around the image. There are so-called "rules" of composition that are a good place to start, although I wouldn't get stuck on them. For example, in the first two, there is just the one nail, with nothing else to look at, and the nail isn't that interesting. The last one has two screw heads in a vertical straight line right in the center of the image, so the viewer looks at one, then the other and is done.

The third image (top right) has more promise. I would crop the bright out-of-focus area on the right and a little on the bottom. Then you would have the rivet a little below center, which is a stronger position, with some other stuff to the right, some of which frames the rusty area (which could be a little lighter). Not a great image, but at least there's something there. I tend to look at this sort of stuff also, and I find I have to do a lot of walking around to find a few things that have some visual impact. Keep shooting!

Not very interesting but I like the depth of field and focus. Although, I have to ask; Is the DOF natural?

Most reactions

Back