S+C Wedding

LCLimages

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hands down, some of the toughest ambient lighting I've had to work with at times. I'm 100% in love with her dress, oh my gosh she could barely walk but it was so beautiful. Their daughter was the flower girl and she stole the show during the reception. She wanted in on everything!

16. Bride's great grandmother, she's 90 years old

23. I love the emotion in her father's face in this one

24. [url=https://flic.kr/p/p6uja3]

25. This was my first time trying a shot like this and it was kind of a last second idea, and in retrospect I should have had a second light to the groom's backside because I lost him in the shadows, and my light just filled up her dress. But the couple is in love with it.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/p6zV9S]
[/url][/url]

For being the toughest condition for you, I think you did an awesome job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty good job. My favorites are shot numbered 2,6,7,9,12,13, 16,17,20,23,24,and 25, which are all quite good wedding photos. The others are pretty solid as well. I think your work on this wedding is MUCH better than average for the beginning professionals' work that I have seen here on TPF over the past five years,

Aww well thank you Derrel! I always look forward to your comments and critiques.

The getting ready room for the girls was about an 8x8' square room in the basement of this historical place - it's actually a stagecoach stop in Kansas. The room was dark, and they had all the dresses hiding in there plus the makeup and hair girl, I literally was tripping over people's stuff crammed into the corner trying to take shots. Thankfully, the entire wedding party and family was very laid back, they told me to move whatever I needed to :) The men got ready in the men's bathroom, that is one part of the event I couldn't get a shot of, there wasn't a dedicated room for it but the bride assured me she was okay with that. The ceremony was at 5pm, outside, not a cloud in the sky, and a lot of shadows and dappled light from trees and the 1800s farmhouse they held the ceremony in front of. Shooting towards people walking down the aisle I had strong backlighting (see image 8).

I wish I'd put together a better shot of the dress itself. There was no place to hang it up - that's on a column on the outside patio area of the reception room. The basement was not an option - everything the site uses is stored down there. The bride stuck to tradition and didn't want the groom to see her or the dress before the ceremony so it was a lot of back and forth!

Aww well thank you Derrel! I always look forward to your comments and critiques.

The getting ready room for the girls was about an 8x8' square room in the basement of this historical place - it's actually a stagecoach stop in Kansas. The room was dark, and they had all the dresses hiding in there plus the makeup and hair girl, I literally was tripping over people's stuff crammed into the corner trying to take shots. Thankfully, the entire wedding party and family was very laid back, they told me to move whatever I needed to :) The men got ready in the men's bathroom, that is one part of the event I couldn't get a shot of, there wasn't a dedicated room for it but the bride assured me she was okay with that. The ceremony was at 5pm, outside, not a cloud in the sky, and a lot of shadows and dappled light from trees and the 1800s farmhouse they held the ceremony in front of. Shooting towards people walking down the aisle I had strong backlighting (see image 8).

I wish I'd put together a better shot of the dress itself. There was no place to hang it up - that's on a column on the outside patio area of the reception room. The basement was not an option - everything the site uses is stored down there. The bride stuck to tradition and didn't want the groom to see her or the dress before the ceremony so it was a lot of back and forth!

SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

Aw thanks!!

Most reactions

Back