?'s for upcoming pics

Darksyde

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok i'm super new at taking dcent pic's. My question is I will be goin to the Buffalo Auto Show this weekend. What settings should I be using for the best quality pics? Flash or not? Any help would be appreciated because I am very new at this. The camera is a Fuji FinePix S602Zoom. Thank you.

From what I've noticed, if you do use a flash, try to bounce it off stuff, it looks horrible when the reflectors in the lights reflect back. Thats the only thing that I can think of.

A flash will ruin 95% of shots at an auto show. Don't bother with it. Not only does it reflect off of car bodies & windows, but it reflects off of the shiny leather & vinyl of dashboards & seats too.

Before you start shooting "seriously" figure out the right white balance for the lighting that's in there. It may need to be custom, if they have those mercury vapor lights. Then, crank up your ISO to at least 800. If your camera doesn't make too much noise, you might even try 1600. Most of your shots will be at the wide angle to normal range of your zoom, where it is the fastest.

Tripod would be ideal, but that would be a nightmare at an auto show. It would trip people up and probably get ruined.

Try to get there early, on an off day, and you'll have the best pix.

Try to get there early, on an off day, and you'll have the best pix.

Yea that was the plan, however friday night will have too do. Thanx for the help guys I do appreciate it.

Well I made it to the show, and messed around with a bunch of different settings. Most of the pics I took looked great on the cam's rear view lcd viewer. When I got them on my comp. they looked a bit off and blurred a hair. I'm not sure what I did wrong. If it was the wrong setting or what. A cpl pics came out good but not the ones I had really wanted. Could just have been bad hands?

Most reactions

Back