Sabbaday Falls

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$sabbaday.jpg

This is a location I've wanted to visit for the last year or so, and while it's not the biggest set of falls ever (just over 20ft for the main falls), the area is just amazing. At only a .3 mile "hike" off of the Kancamagus Highway in NH, there were quite a few people exploring, but I got lucky with a few breaks in the foot traffic for this shot. It was pretty difficult finding a good spot to set up, after the falls it's just a gorge cut out with nowhere to set up a tripod, so I ended up using the articulating center column to hang my camera over the fence about 50 feet up. I've been loving the fotodiox filter adapter for my Tokina, so nice being able to use a CPL on that lens. I haven't picked up any ND's yet, but it was pretty overcast and the CPL brings things down by a stop or 2 which helped drag out the shutter speed a bit.

Thanks for having a look!

Too bad about the man-made elements, but I suppose you had no choice to include it. Other than that, I like it. Looks like a nice place to visit!

I've been at this place!! In fact, not too many places in NH and that stretch of Hwy I haven't been at.....although, I don't ever remember being lucky enough to catch any of the falls to myself(you must have been very patience). If I am understanding, you were 'hanging' your camera into the gorge? NICE capture!!! And thanks for the memories!!

Scott (I've hung a lot of things in places, but not my camera) B

Too bad about the man-made elements, but I suppose you had no choice to include it. Other than that, I like it. Looks like a nice place to visit!

Yeah, a lot of the better waterfalls in NH have those walkways, and it can't be hard to find a composition without them in it. Usually I try to avoid any man made structures in my landscapes, but here I don't mind as much.

I've been at this place!! In fact, not too many places in NH and that stretch of Hwy I haven't been at.....although, I don't ever remember being lucky enough to catch any of the falls to myself(you must have been very patience). If I am understanding, you were 'hanging' your camera into the gorge? NICE capture!!! And thanks for the memories!!

Scott (I've hung a lot of things in places, but not my camera) B

41jRBBQR3PL._SY300_.jpg

Basically like that, over the railing that goes around the gorge.

Very well exposed

thank you. I've been much happier with my waterfall photos ever since a buddy pointed out that I can expose for the water and push my shadows quite a bit for everything else in post

Most reactions

New Topics

Back