Sad but worth thinking...

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!
The story is rather sad and moody but I hope that it will make you feel more positive about every day we have..
Today I attended a funeral of my collegue. I met her on my English course, we were sitting next to each other about 3 years ago. Then I realized that I knew here mum (from seeing only) and next year we met again on my university, where her boyfriend studied. (I also know the boyfriend).
The girl went to USA for students exchange and was driving accross states to see as much as possible. They got their visas, and still had some money left so they decided to do some sightseeing. And there was a car accident. She died.
After 1.5 month her ashes were transported back here to Poland and today there was a funeral. Her boyfriend with who she mwas 4 years was devastated...they were to get married in 2 years...they had so many plans...and and she was 23 only...today during the mass, when the priest came from altar to her urn to hallow it, her boyfriend went up to the urn, attached a red rose to it...after a few seconds I realized that to the rose there was an... engagement ring attached! when people realized what he was doing they started to cry..it was so moving...
well...she wasn't a close friend of mine... I just wanted to say goodbye to her although I have never really known her... but what I saw today made me think a lot...

Oh dear, how terribly sad. The story is a reminder that life is short and we mustn't take for granted the people in our lives.

and that we should be happy from every single moment we have with other person and... that sometimes it is better not to wait too long to say those simple words "I love you"

For an old guy, I tend to get emotional from time to time. Reading this made it one of those times. Yes, life is too short. To see/hear of young people with there lives ahead of them passing is so sad. We often think about life being short at times like this, but we seldom act accordingly unless touched personally. Let Mentos words be that touch, and act as if every day is your last. Enjoy life to it's fullest, this day may be that day.

Most reactions

Back