Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

_POR0776_77_78_79_80_tonemapped-Edit
by WSG Photography, on Flickr

Uhm, so I haven't been on in a while. Work has had me very busy and I was in Mexico visiting my sister on her 62nd birthday week. I hadn't seen her in a very long time. We enjoyed catching up, sprinkling mom's ashes at the botanical gardens and touring her home city in Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico.
She died in bed of (at this time) unclear cause. I'm terribly heart broken as is her husband and the rest of my family and all of her friends. I'm eternally grateful I had 7 wonderful days with her and on the morning of her death had hugged her firmly and told her how much I loved her.

I don't know why the title but this is just cool!!!!

sorry for your loss, glad you can see the positives and BTW lovely photo

Bill, a little clarification--your MOM died of unknown causes? Or your sister died during or after you had visited and spread your mother's ashes?
Either way, I'm certainly sorry for your loss, just wasn't sure I understood.

The photo is beautiful!

(EDIT: A few years back, my sister-in-law very suddenly passed away in her sleep, of unknown causes, while visiting her father whom we believed to be at death's door. Perhaps that history is why I'm reading a different possible interpretation into this.)

Condolences, Bill, on your loss. And yet, the fact that you were able to spend time with her after a very long time is a blessing.

As for the image, it is balanced, and rather awe-inspiring. Kudos.

thank you all. Yes, I was visiting my dear oldest sister, the one I was most close with in my life. We spread some of my mother's ash while we visited her home on Isla de Piedra, Mazataln. She died resting on her bed Friday afternoon, the day before we left. Still unclear as to the cause.

I will be returning to visit with my brother in law and take care of her and the balance of my mother's remains next month. I prefer to celebrate the happiness in life and not ponder my loss.

The image is a 5 frame, 1EV HDR processed by first converting in ACR and saving as TIFF. Opening the 5 TIFF in Photmatix, importing to LR5/CC/LR5. Glad you all like it, it's a lot of work :D

My deepest sympathies, Bill. It's always tough losing family members. Your photo is nice. Gosh, this is such heavy news I don't know what to say...

I know, right? What you said is just fine. No worries. Think I'll find a few more churches when we return.

Sorry for the loss of your sister. I'm glad that you got to spend time with her before she passed so unexpectedly.

So sorry for your loss. I've lost loved ones too and it's not an easy thing to go through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Most reactions

Back