Sad to Ask, But...

This is easy, just take up mountain walking and keep the camera.

If you go zooming by all the really great scenery at 90 to nothing you won't be able to take photos of anything. If you don't take photos of the places where you enjoyed your youth, you'll hate yourself for it in 20 or 30 years.

Walk and shoot.

Really.

mike

Lot's of good points here! One more thing I didnt really realize is that if I sold it all, I know I would LOSE at least $500 of what I have already spent.

I guess I can just finance the bike stuff and stop eating out or something along those lines.

There you go!! Besides, it maybe healthier if you don't eat out that often.

I do not know anything about bike stuff, but in Photo gears, buy them used maybe a way to save money. Of course, if you looking for the latest and the greatest ... that's a different story.

Don't sell anything! I too lost the passion for photography for a few years. I had a speedotron setup that I sold because I needed the money and wasn't using it, but it wasn't worth it. I probably got less than half of what I purchased it for. You're right, you will probably spend more later buying replacement equipment if you get rid of it now. Just keep it because that little flame of passion is probably still burning in the back of your mind. It just needs to be rekindled someday. Keep shooting!

Ken

You could always merge the two hobbies and do some mountain biking photography. Invest in a bag to attach to the bike that won't be in the way wile biking that'll hold a body and a lens and you should be just fine :D, Spend that $300 on a helmit or somethin useful.

Keep your D90. You'll soon realize that mountain biking and photography will compliment each other. Your bike will take you places, your camera will capture your precious moments.

Why do you feel the need to spend more money on your camera? Why not just use what you have? If you really feel like you have to get rid of it the Canon G10 is probably the way to go. I've used a G9 quite a bit and it was a pleasure to use as far as fixed lens cameras go. (I wouldn't really call it a p&s)

Well Right now I'm hoping to just lighten up my list so I can get some bills payed... for this month anyways :(

I would sell the extra photography stuff and keep the meat and potatoes. Maybe sell everything but keep the 50mm F1.8. Then buy a used D50 kit for what you would spend on a G9 or G10.

That is an excellent suggestion, However... If I have a DSLR, I will KEEP spending money on it. I need to totally remove it from my life, get a nice P&S and be done with it.
Now see this is where discipline works wonders. I have put myself on a strict aquisition diet. I was saving for a D700 and glass but, now I have decided to keep that money aside for just in case.
Cant help you on P&S cams though as I dont own one.

If you HAVE to sell and go down to a P&S, the only two that stand out in that market segment (with superzoom capability) is the Panasonic FZ28 and the Canon SX10. The Canon G10 is an awesome camera, but it does not have superzoom which was an important aspect to me.

I also own the D90 and love it... but for quick outings or for times I want to carry lighter gear, my Pana FZ28 comes with me. It shoots RAW and has excellent IQ. Very capable bridging camera!

I would say keep the camera--never get rid of it. Youll regret it a lot when you get back into photography.

I have played with the Nikon P90, which is one of them neat superzooms. it has the manual mode, reletively short shutter lag and feels nice holding it.
If i were to purchase a P&S for myself id probaly go with the Nikon Coolpix P6000. The only problem is the lack of a built in flash. Id probaly get the SB-400 for it if I really wanted a flash, but you have a flash already that you could use.

the 35mm equiv lens is a 28-112. My 35-105mm lens is my favoite lens I have for my 35mm camera. so this lens covers more range!

It all looks good on paper--but I have never held one and used it--so i cant really recomend it....but from what I have read about it...i could recmend it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back