Sad

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
I'm not sure why I'm telling you guys this... maybe it's good therapy for me.

I lost a good friend this weekend. He was not only my friend, but my pastor and (on weekends) my boss.

For more than 7 years, I've had the pleasure of working with this man. One of the things I'll miss most is our Sunday morning breakfasts. Each week, between the 2 morning Masses, we had time to walk a few blocks to a local restaurant for breakfast. I looked forward to this time each week when we could "download" about anything that mattered.

Unlike most Roman priests, his ministry was a "second vocation." He had a whole other life prior to his ordination. He had married, worked in banking, and was raising a family of four children when his wife died.

Sometime after he went to bed Friday night, he died while he slept. His absence will leave a huge hole in my life, and I will miss he very much.

He was one of the good guys.

sorry to hear that, never an easy thing

So very sorry. But I'm sure you have some great memories to keep his spirit alive.

i'm sorry for your loss Pete, and for his children's loss and everyone else he had an impact on for that matter, he sounds like a great person.

I'm so sorry for your loss. But glad for the 7 years you were able to spend that quality time with him.

Most reactions

Back