Safari Canadian Style

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got up early today for a fly-in that is not on until next weekend, Doh! So I made the best of it and headed to the African Lion Safari for a few hours. Most of these were taken through the car window, did not even think of cleaning the windows before I went in.

saf_7194.jpg

saf_7189.jpg

saf_7227.jpg

saf_7256.jpg

saf_7270.jpg

saf_7280.jpg

saf_7287.jpg

saf_7315.jpg

saf_7319.jpg

saf_7323.jpg

saf_7332.jpg

I had visions of this guy charging the car
saf_7366.jpg

A very neat crow cleaning up during a bird show
saf_7370.jpg

saf_7381.jpg

saf_7407.jpg

Not a bad day considering I missed my fly-in.

Eric

I love #2 and #6 Airic what kind of Camera & Glass combo are you using, These shots look very clean and crisp.

Randog said:
I love #2 and #6 Airic what kind of Camera & Glass combo are you using, These shots look very clean and crisp.

I have two D-70s and was using a tired Nikkor 70-300ED lens for the tele shots.

Eric

They're all great but I really like those zebra stripes :thumbsup:

I can't believe I've never actually been (shameful isn't it) ... must take the kids and camera for a day trip sometime :mrgreen:

errant_star said:
They're all great but I really like those zebra stripes :thumbsup:

I can't believe I've never actually been (shameful isn't it) ... must take the kids and camera for a day trip sometime :mrgreen:

Its a cool place and this time of year there was not much traffic. I have been wanting to go for years but not with my own car :) The one place I was scared that I might get some damage was in the monkey compound and sure enough two jumped up on the car and sat on my side mirrors, I thought their weight was enough to break them off. I was thinking how am I going to explain this to my boss if the mirror broke. I went along time ago and saw a monkey pull the weather stripping around the back windshield right off a car. Peeled it like a banana. They also have several great bird shows but I could only see one as I had to pick up my wife.

Eric

Awesome as always Airic. Ya made it really tough to pice a fave here.
I went last year with my car, and tried to avoid that monkey compound. I ended up getting swarmed by the black bears instead. Three of them surrounded my car and the safari jeep sped over and scared them away. :playball: Later I talked to one of the guys there and he said that the bears might have smelled the scent of my dog in the car, cause I had him in the car the day before.

Eric :hail: :hail: :hail:
What wonderful shots!
love the zebra stripes and the last shot of the bird...
thanks very much for sharing you images :D :mrgreen:

Hard to tell (as always with "AIRIC"-pics up here) whether there even IS one that I like best, but the somersaulting baby baboon (?) makes me laugh :D. And the cheetahs that look like siamese twins do so, too. While, if I were a cheetah, I'd just love the portrait.

And giraffes are so funny, I have seen so many funny giraffe photos on here of late! These two are no exception - "Where do I have to look?" the first seems to be saying, while the other two are in too deep a conversation to even take any great notice of you. Like "she" telling him "and again you did not wipe your hooves" and "he" going "Duh!"

:lol:

I too like the whole series, however #10 I like the most. I'm not really sure why, but it seems to have a 3d effect, Maybe just because nothing extends out of the frame? but that guy looks like he is going to walk right out of the picture. Anyways, nice job! Way to make lemonade out of getting the dates wrong. :)

Nice shots. It is such a great place to visit but definatly not with a good vehicle. The car wash closest to the safari must make a mint. (location, location, location :) )

Most reactions

Back