Sagemax extended warranty – good or bad?

I bought a Sagemax ext war with a Panasonic. I wouldn't with my Nikons or Leica as they work forever and have excellent warranties. My experience with Sagemax has been nothing short of a nightmare. I've been run around in circles by their empty promises to even send me a shipping label! I can only imagine how they repair cameras, that is if they ever stop scamming me with their false promises. STAY AWAY! SAVE YOUR MONEY! MKEOTTOWA IS 1000% RIGHT!

I've had to use it three times - once the camera body completely submerged in muddy water and useless. Within a week I got a check for the full cost I paid on the camera.

Since I've had another one fully repaired once 9 months ago and it came back functioning BETTER than new. Now back in for another reason. First glitch was they took a while to email the UPS prepaid label.

If you call SageMax - they answer pretty quickly and are open 24/7. I highly recommend them. You run over it by accident with a truck - as long as you are able to send it to them (as in it wasn't stolen or lost at sea) - they do a great job in my opinion.

Good Luck getting them to send you the label. It has taken weeks of repeated calling and I still don't have it. I'm like in Alice in Wonderland's Rabbit Hole, hmm probably that's not as bad. When I see that they actually do what they promise I'll be the first to admit they're OK.
Meanwhile- I might as well go out and buy another camera. After all they're getting cheaper by the day, and if I deduct the extended Warranty price I'd have a new camera without the wait.

A lot of new members posting in this thread:lol:

I'd skip the warranty and take my chances. The D700 is built like a tank. If it were me I would probably pick up a couple of used lenses for the $295 instead.

I looked into this when I bought my K5, there was a lot of mixed reviews and when I inquired with Mack they told me that the Warrenty started on the purchase date. I concluded it wasn't worth it as Pentax Canada already offers 2 year Warrenty. I actually think Nikon does as well.

One thing I forgot about is that many credit cards will extend the Warrenty, mine would have extended my Warrenty an extra year.

I said I'd be the first to admit if the company did well. I never did receive my label by e mail, but a snail mail arrived over a week later. I sent the Pana out for repair UPS and it arrived 13 days later working perfectly! That was quicker than the label took to email .. it's still out there somewhere? The repairman was terrific but the reps on the phone are polite but clueless :greenpbl: duhh??? OK maybe complaining on this forum HELPS!:sexywink:

Most reactions

Back