Sailing

jeroen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photoblog.jeroencoert.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday we went sailing with my uncle C. Apart from a couple of snapshots that I will not show you, these are about the only shots I took. The weather really looked this threatening, but we sailed around it somehow and didn't even feel a single raindrop. Uncle C. knows a hell of a lot more about sailing than I do...

1 This is the Dutch Waddenzee.

20070819083645_img_6088.jpg

2 We saw a seal swimming around this place, but I had put the camera away already. I didn't want to shoot pictures all day.

20070819083716_img_6089.jpg

3 This is the Closure-Dike, that keeps the sea out of the major part of the Netherlands.

20070819083824_img_6071.jpg

Wow, very nice pictures. The lighting is very dramatic. Hope you didn't get sea sicK... :)

If there has ever been a "menacing sky" ... whoa! Photo 3 does NOT look like you could have made your turn without ever being met by a single rain drop! Shiver!

I must keep this thread in mind and show your pics to my husband. He'll be out sailing on "your" seas again next month!

great shots! I always want to take my camera on the boat, but I think I would but even more upset if the equipment got ruined. I really need to do my day sailing.

#2 is fantastic! They're all great, really.

@Corinna
This was the 4th or 5th time I have ever sailed, and I realised I always forget how much I love it. Me and my wife are sort of planning to get some sailing lessons next spring and (very) maybe get our own boat some day in the (far) future.
Say hello to your husband, I hope he has a lot of fun :D

@subimatt
I threw my camera bag far away into the cabin of the boat and took it out once or twice when I knew nothing much was gonna happen for a while. I took only 10 shots the whole day. I was way too busy having fun, but I'm glad I took some shots :D

Lovely moody pictures. The last one would have been lovely if you could have got that yacht a bit closer in. You are a braver person than me. You wouldnt catch me on the open ocean! I prefer to fly ;-)

Most reactions

Back